Index of Labels

Thursday, October 24, 2013

My experience with documents in Family Tree



My experience with documents in Family Tree

I looked on the blog and found that they had added a Beta or trial to upload PDF files to Family tree.  It is called Documents and can be found on the right if one clicks on photos.




I uploaded a 114 page PDF document of 8 + megabytes and it was a bit slow, but it did upload without a problem.  I linked it with the individual on Family Tree and that seemed to go seamlessly, however when I went to the person on Family Tree, It did not show up.

I had changed a PDF photo of a death certificate that I had previously attached as a photo to show as a document.  Now what I get is the following when I click on documents:



The Death Certificate appears and is attached to Frances Gates record, but the PDF file indicates that the Processing failed.


If one clicks on the Processing Failed the following PDF file appears.
The file is still there, but it appears to be unattached to the record.

I will have to check with support to see what happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment