Index of Labels

Thursday, June 28, 2012

More Homework or the John Dodds Telford Saga


On the post with the problems that I had with the Watch feature, I had a duplicate set of parents for John Dodds Telford.  I had e-mailed the contributor twice and gotten no response.  Now was the time for action.  I was going to clean up the record.  I sent the following e-mail and then separated out the offending record.
The record is now correct,

John Dodds Telford

E-mail address:joyce252 @yahoo.com
Last e-mail

John Dodds Telford 9KX4-Y2B Has an incorrect birthplace, North Carolina and incorrect parents, John Telford and Mrs Jane Telford.  No spouse listed.  The death data and place and burial place are that of the John Dodds Telford who was born in Upper Canada and whose parents came from Ireland, John and Jane Telford.  

I have separated this record from the other 84 records.

If you have any questions, you may contact me at this e-mail address: Laurence.gee@gmail.com

Or by phone at 801-936-0803


First e-mail
Dear Joyce,
joyce252 @yahoo.com
My wife was looking in the local newspaper at the obituaries today and there was a woman whose maiden name was Telford. She brought it to my attention. I usually go on New Family Search to see if she was related to me. She was a descendant of Robert Telford, the brother of my ancestor John Dodds Telford.
I noted that his mother Jane Telford had + by her name indicating that she had two spouses. I knew that this was not the case so I investigated and found that she had another husband, John Telford born in North Carolina.
Both John and Jane Telford, who were cousins, were born in Ireland and came to Canada and then to Kirtland, Missouri and Nauvoo and then to Utah and settled in Cache County.
John Dodds Telford was their son.
I separated the records as follows:
Mrs Jane Telford 9KX4-YLM
born 1812 Johnstown – Elizabethtown , Bladen, North Carolina, United States.
Married to
John Telford Person identifier: 9KX4-Y21
With a son
John Dodds Telford
born 12 March 1812 Johnstown – Elizabethtown , Bladen, North Carolina, United States.
9KX4-Y2B
Parents Listed as John and Jane Telford as above.
This is the only child listed for John and Mrs, John Telford. You are listed as the only contributor. And there are no duplicate records.

Second e-mail
John Dodds Telford Person identifier: KWJX-YCR two sets of parents.  The one set is incorrect.

John Dodds Telford’s parents were born in Ireland not in North Carolina.  They were first cousins and eloped to Scotland to get married.  They later emigrated to Canada.
He has 85 combined records.
Record number 9KX4-Y2B is the only incorrect record. The record was contributed by

I will try and contact her before I separate out the record.





No comments:

Post a Comment