Index of Labels

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The many wives of Lysander Gee


The many wives of Lysander

Although there is a link to this file on my brother Martell’s website, I elected to place it on the Lysander Gee website as well.  This will explain why, in New Family Search, Lysander has a myriad of wives.  

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxseXNhbmRlcmdlZXdlYnNpdGV8Z3g6NTRhNDU1Njg1NDI2ZTk3OA

I put the following in the discussions in New Family Search in the record of Lysander Gee.

If you want an explanation of the wives of Lysander please contact me. laurence.gee@gmail.com  Here is a link to some information about them: http://www.geenet.org/Gee/Stories/Lysander/lysander_gee_and_his_wives.htm

When New Family Search first came out, Salmon Gee had two sets of parents.  Now he does not.  Lysander went to the Logan temple in 1888 and had his father Salmon sealed to the prophet Joseph Smith.  This was a common practice at the time.  New Family Search does not show those sealings now and we are instructed not to make any reference to ordinances in the discussion portion of New Family Search. 

This is an interesting story, so I will relate it here in this venue.  On September 19, 1888 the following took place in the Logan temple:
And my father Salmon Gee was
Adopted [sealed] to the Prophet Joseph Smith
Prest M. W. Merrill [we lovingly refer to him as Grandpa Merrill] officiating. And Br
Samuel Roskelly [Samuel was the recorder at the time] representing the Prophet
Joseph. And Sister Lucy Walker
Kimball Smith acting for the female
side of the Prophet.
And my brother George W. Gee, Giles Gee
and myself and sisters Sarah Caroline
Gee Amanda Malvina Gee and
Susan Eliza Luddington and Electa Gee were also
sealed to my father Salmon Gee

This is found on Page 253 of the Papers of Lysander Gee that I recently posted on the website.

Lucy Walker Kimball, noted above, was married to the prophet Joseph Smith and later became the plural wife of Heber Chase Kimball.  Her story is found at the following website in Chapter III.


I found this very interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment