Index of Labels

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

What does one do on Memorial Day?  When I was growing up we called it Decoration Day.  It is usual to go to the cemetery and place flowers on the graves. My brother Martell will visit my grandfather and grandmother Gees graves in Pocatello and then on to Sugar City and then back through Paris where we have family buried.  I assume that my brother Glendon will be in Paris and visit the cemetery there.

I went to the Bountiful Cemetery.  We have an ancestor who was the first person to be buried there.  Along side his marker is his wife and on the other side his grandson.

Alexander Scoby Standley was Cyrene Standley Merrill's father.  The link to his gravestone is:


Philinda Upson Standley was his wife.  The link to her gravestone is:


There is a marker for Nathan Alexander Merrill, but no one has put a photo on Find a Grave.  I will do it and hope to have the task accomplished this next week and link it to his mother and father.

Someone already had decorated the graves.  I did not meet anyone there.  An ordinance worker on our shift by the name of Glenn Tonge is a descendant of Alexander and Philinda.  He also served a mission in the Western States Mission, but never got to Lander.

No comments:

Post a Comment