Index of Labels

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Serendipity


Serendipity: an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

I do not claim to have the aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.  I did make an unexpected discovery in 2005.  I have been working on this project since that time.  Each year has gone by since that time and only a small amount of progress has been made.  Other work has come up and the project set aside, only to be picked up again and shoved to another corner of the office.  Early this morning I got the impression that I needed to put this on the Lysander Gee website.  I spent this afternoon entering in notes that I had made to complete the draft.  The project is now in a complete draft form.  Perhaps in the future it will be finished with other explanations and photos and maps, but for now I will put it out so that all the descendants of Lysander Gee will have access to it.  

The second paragraph of the document explains the serendipity and how the papers of Lysander Gee came into my possession.  I hope that you will realize what a treasure they are.  They have been very helpful to me in documenting material for New Family Search.  I have transcribed the original document and now present it to you. I have more history which I am compiling and hope to complete before I meet Lysander in person.

The link is:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxseXNhbmRlcmdlZXdlYnNpdGV8Z3g6N2I5ZGU0NjRiNmQ1ODc4NA

You may find it easier to read if you download the file.



No comments:

Post a Comment