Index of Labels

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Following Up

Yesterday I posted some information about some third cousins, the Martindales.  The mother was killed in a fire along with her son.  I thought that I would see if I could learn more about the incident and so today I called the newspaper in Tremonton to see if they would have any information about a fire in 1946 in Garland.  I gave the lady who answered the phone the particulars; names, and dates.  When I looked on my e-mail this afternoon, she had scanned in the article and e-mailed it to me as an attachment.  The link is below:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1T4OBXjjmia7GssPxCVU1RCITqHRO2o5Kftlwq96WUeYmJ5m26lZ1Y4FOp5xM/edit

I was able to find two more children in the family and the exact marriage date for Earl and Geneva Martindale.

Since I am not in correspondence with any members of that family, I am curious to know if Earl remarried.  I did not find a record in the Western Marriage index on the BYUIdaho site, so I am hoping there will be information in Earl's Obituary.   They are looking that up for me.

And so the work goes on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment