Index of Labels

Friday, July 6, 2012

If at first you don't succeed Google it

I was looking for Ray Martindale, the brother of Roy who was killed in the fire in Garland. I did not find any information in my usual sources.  My wife, Alice, said "Have you tried Google?  I always try Google."  I admit that I did not try Google.  So taking my wife's advice, I did a search for Ray Martindale.  This is what  I found.

"Ray Martindale, age 64, of Bolivar, Missouri passed away at 10:00am, Monday, August 24, 2009 at his home in Bolivar, Missouri.

He was born October 31, 1944 in Burley, Idaho to Earl Martindale and Geneva Coleman Martindale.

Ray worked as a grounds keeper for the State Of Nevada, then worked for Aarons Automotive from 1992-2003.

He was preceded in death by two brothers, Jay Martindale, Roy Martindale and a sister, Iris Allen.

Ray is survived by two sisters, Veral Boehm of Texas, Linda Galow of Heyburn, Idaho, sister-in-law, Teresa Martindale of Twin Falls, Idaho, and very good friends, Richard & Dorothy Wales of Bolivar, Missouri.

Per Rays wishes he will be cremated. No services are scheduled at this time. Cremation services are under the care and direction of the Butler Funeral Home in Bolivar, Missouri.

Friends may sign the guest book or send private condolences at www.butlerfuneralhome.com"


This gave me the married name of his sisters, Veral and Linda.

Knowing that he had died I looked in the Social Security Death Index and found him there as well.

SSDI
Ray
Middle Name:    
Last Name:     Martindale
Birth Date:     31 October 1944
Social Security Number:     519-52-2672
Place of Issuance:     Idaho
Last Residence:     Polk, Missouri
Zip Code of Last Residence:     65613
Death Date:     24 August 2009
Estimated Age at Death:     65


Taking heart and knowing that Iris was dead and knowing her last name to be Allen, I looked in the SSDI and found:

First Name:     Iris
Middle Name:     L
Last Name:     Allen
Name Suffix:    
Birth Date:     14 April 1936
Social Security Number:     518-40-1865
Place of Issuance:     Idaho
Last Residence:    
Zip Code of Last Residence:    
Death Date:     29 November 1991
Estimated Age at Death:     55


I thought I might as well try and Google the living sisters.  I found a Veral Boehm on Facebook in Texas.  She is a "biker" not the kind that you peddle, but the Harley-Davidson kind of biker.

I was unable to find Linda in Heyburn, Idaho, but that is a task for another time.

Naturally I entered all this information into my database and New Family Search,

Next time I will not forget to Google.

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness; I love Google, and now it appears you will too!

    ReplyDelete