Index of Labels

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Correcting some more errors


Today I was looking at the records for Marie Antoinette Van Orden.  She was the wife of Thomas William Karren.  They were the parents of John Ether Gee’s wife Edith Elva Karren KW8T-LDT.  Someone had her married to John Oscar Gee, born in Indiana and died in Missouri.  She was listed as having two children, Caroline and Ruth with John Oscar Gee.  Of course we know that John Ether and John Oscar are not the same person, because they lived many miles apart at approximately the same time.

I had to add Elva as Edith’s middle name.  The birth and death dates were the same.  When I deleted the children from this non-marriage, the marriage went away and left her with the right spouse John Ether Gee with the correct three children.  Then there was another error.  It listed her with an alternate name of Edith Cunningham.  I deleted that and put as a reason the following:  Edith was not a Cunningham.  Mary Cunningham was married to John Ether Gee's brother Edgar Lafayette.

I went to Find a Grave and found a grave marker for Edith in the Pineview Cemetery in Ashton, Idaho.  I added that as a source to Edith’s record. 

For some reason the ordinances for Edith read invalid, but if one clicks on the name, her ordinances show up completed.  I guess that the manipulation did something to the data to alter it in such a way.  I will have to contact support and se if they can straighten that out.

I like being able to correct information.  It is less frustrating this way.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, you keep winning the award for detective of our family. I love how you see the problems, then are able to get them resolved. Now, I just need to correct all the information in my own personal files that reside on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith Elva Gee, my Maternal Grandmother, married Emery Cunningham after my Grandfather, John Ether Gee, died. They were later divorced. This brief situation is where "Cunningham" fit in. Sincerely, Joseph John Cooper - John Ether Gee & Edith Elva Gee's only Grandchild.

    ReplyDelete