Index of Labels

Monday, November 19, 2012

Watching the Records


Today I received my weekly watch e-mail from Family Search.  It recorded the changes that I had made.  I only had four changes on records that I was watching. I was the author of two and there was one each from Julia Corry from St. George and Larry Jensen.

The most interesting of the two was the additions by Larry Jensen.  He added some sources to the record of Frances Gates Wiley.   Frances is the daughter of Maryette Rowe Gates Gee.  Of the most interest to me was a copy of the death certificate for Frances.  For some unexplained reason Maryette gave Frances to Simeon and Dorcas Milliken Andrews to raise.  The Family Tree record shows both sets of parents with the correct relationship status in each case.  There is an additional source added, that of the 1870 census where Frances age 23 is listed as the wife of James Wiley with two children.
The last source was a headstone from Find A Grave. 

Larry and I have corresponded over the years.  He is pursuing the descendants of Maryette and Hirum and I am concentrating on the descendants of Maryette and  Lysander.

Had I not placed a watch on Frances Gates Wiley, I would have missed this added information.

When I was growing up my parents read from the works of Munro Leaf.  One of these books was called the Watchbirds.  I am glad that I have Watchbirds watching my changes to Family Tree.  Do you have your Watchbirds watching changes to your ancestors?  Try it you might find it interesting.

Julia brought to my attention that Mary Elizabeth Bates the spouse of Orlando Lysander Gee has duplicate parents.  This needs to be corrected.  I will put this on my list unless Julia decides to make the correction.

There is work enough for all to do.  It helps to have helpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment