Index of Labels

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Uncle Ether


Today I added sources to grandfather Gee’s brother John Ether Gee KW8T-LDR.  He was always known in our family as uncle Ether. I found two census records one in Tooele and the other in Idaho. He also had a draft registration card on line so I included that. Family Tree did not have a place of death.  I found him in the California Death index, so I added that as a source and placed the information in his vital information.  I had the information in my database, but now I had a primary source to back it up. I also added a link to his grave marker in Ashton Cemetery.  I also wanted to give a link to a photo of uncle Ether.  I found one in a family photo of Erastus Rowe Gee and his family on my brother Martell.  I did not look in the 1940 census, but I assume that he is  there as well.

I undertook this exercise to show how different sources could be added to a record.  It will be helpful to those in the family history class in our ward.

3 comments:

  1. Your ward is so lucky to have you as their teacher....You really show them how to do things and get organized and be accurate. Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Ether Gee died in Long Beach, California. Joseph John Cooper, his only Grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would like information regarding John Ether Gee, Edith Elva Gee (Karren) and Geneva Marie Cooper (Gee) let me know: johncooper750@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete