Index of Labels

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More on Orson Rawlins


More on Orson Rawlins

Yesterday (March 18, 2013) I went to the Family History Library and looked in the Special Collections at film # 0184068.

I found the following record:
Orson Whetman (Rawlins)
Date of Birth 7 April 1883
Place of Birth Draper, Salt Lake, Utah
Parents George Whetman and Charlotte Dangerfield.

So now we have a primary source indicating that Orson was not a child of Joseph Sharp and Mary Ellen Rawlins. 

George married Charlotte Housley on 7 August 1884 and Hannah Cox on 3 April 1922 three years before his death 26 May 1926 in Salt Lake City.

We know that Orson was living in the home of Joseph and Mary Rawlins in 1900 according to the census.  Apparently he was impressed with the Rawlins, because he took the name of Rawlins and all his children went by that surname appellation.

As long as I was looking at the Whetman’s I did some combining of records and added death certificates as sources to George Sr, George Jr. and Zina.  I will get back to those records at some period, but since they are not my direct line, I will forgo.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment