Index of Labels

Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Old Uncle", Salmon Gee Jr. (1830-1923)

Some time ago, I was teaching the family history class and a neighbor, Marilyn Thorne, said she had some information on a relative of mine.  She got a photo copy of the information, a 5 page document with photos of someone that was referred to as "Old Uncle".  This was Salmon Gee, Lysander Gee's youngest brother.  Since the copy that I had was not readily readable, I transcribed it into Microsoft Word and posted it under Stories in Family Tree so that now everyone can read it that has the desire.  The Link is HERE.

You might enjoy reading it.  I will see if I can get the original photo, or at least a scanned gray scale copy.  The photo that I placed in Family Tree is not the best, but it is what I have.

I have looked on Find A Grave for a photo of the grave marker, but it was not there.

1 comment:

  1. How fun to have that information just come out of random. I wonder why she had that information. I just started to throw away an old picture and Allen told me not to. I'm overwhelmed with the paper trail.

    ReplyDelete