Index of Labels

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back again after a pause



Well I am back again meddling in the records, but this time on the Kerr line. As you may or may not know great-great grandfather Robert Marion Kerr had two wives who were cousins; Nancy Jane Rawlins and Margaret Elzirah Rawlins.  They were married three years apart.  In New Family Search and also in Family Search Family Tree there were two children listed in the families of both marriages.  In order to correct this in New Family search, I would have had to submit this to the Data Administrator for correction.  Now in Family Tree I was able to correct this by submitting just an explanation.  I brought up the family and clicked on edit relationships and deleted the relationship of the two boys that did not belong to Nancy Jane Rawlins.  Since both individuals had the same PIN number the relationship to the correct mother was not affected.  I should have taken screen shots to demonstrate how easy this was, but there are more errors to correct and I will remember to document my work.
 
In my database I only have George McCauslin Kerr and his brother James Harvey Kerr listed as children.  I will have to research the situation.  If this is correct, George and Joseph were twins and both were born and died on the same day.

Elzirah must have died in childbirth, because she died 9 days after the birth of her son James Harvey.

Another mystery to be solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment