Index of Labels

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Family Tree


With New Family Search being phased out and Family Search Family Tree being phased in, I decided to try my hand at looking at my ancestral records in Family Tree and see if I could find anything that needed to be corrected. 

One of the things that I noted right away was the marriage date of Solomon Gee to Deborah Huntley.  Someone had put the date 0808 as the marriage date.  Later there was a dispute on this record mentioning the date 0808 a being impossible since the real date was 1732 and Solomon was born in England in 1698. 

Using the edit features of Family Tree, I was able to remove the erroneous marriage date and now it is correct.  I was also able to remove an unknown spouse that was connected to my great grandfather’s brother.

Since many of my relatives do not have a watch on their ancestors and relatives in New Family Search or Family Search Family Tree, I have decided to document the changes that I make here on my blog.

My first priority is to sync my 18-page list of missing individual ordinances of the descendants of Lysander Gee.  I am half way through the list. 

Thus this may become a journal of corrections to Family Tree.

1 comment:

  1. Laurence, I am so frustrated with how they keep changing things! I'm having some success right now in newfamilysearch. And, now, it's all changing. Ah, technology....you just keep on moving forward and I just want to stay with the familiar. (BTW, I am still using PAF and love it.)

    ReplyDelete