Index of Labels

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Caroline Gee McGavin The Conclusion

Please excuse the crazy fonts in this post. I will try and learn how to format.

Yesterday I had some time after my teaching assignment at the missionary department so I hiked up the hill to the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum. They have a history department with donated histories of Utah Pioneers. Caroline Rowe Gee McGavin had some documents listed in the on-line catalog that I wanted to look at. I was able to find two histories in the archives there. Both were written by the same author, Jessie McGavin Loveland, Caroline’s daughter. They were identical to the history that I have given you a previous link to. Attached to one of the histories was a one-page document by her granddaughter Hattie Birch.

Here is the link

http://6452645681271931028-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/lysandergeewebsite/documents/Caroline%20by%20Hattie%20Birch.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7cooAqgDpbnX8DkVtClRMs_YnQ3vOl_d4azpmKT6KgEzDbzwUlyY7NdzGD8mDvJG82Fqv8KJ8RGRfYbUu-8VxbWngWsx38nuTgSwntW1-lvbAEzzmq9Orxev8Hdl9xHzl7qrA2r0NICdRAi_MdfK5yNvEP5W3MOD2X-vaZYmEL6Y3WtiU__ZorxW3HpnhWcdaDEHn7S-Ib1gotNAjNy7mK6q1TUgv94muSqAIoPQel6iEt9od3U%3D&attredirects=0

Then this morning I received the following from Support at Family Search.

Dear Ivin Laurence Gee,
We have edited the record for Caroline Rowe Gee PID KWCV-H3F and have removed the relationship to Francis Gates PID LH52-317 as her spouse.

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. Best wishes in all your Family History endeavors.

FamilySearch Data Administration

My response was, Thank you.

To err is human (to forgive to correct in New Family Search, divine)

I now think that we can put this to bed and I will now move on to the Sophia Gee/ Tinker Dilemma. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. ah, Laurence, the great detective solves another one! I love how you just find and solve these mysteries in family history.

    ReplyDelete