Index of Labels

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A return to the busy day at the office.

A return to the busy day at the office.

On my blog of April 15, I detailed the marriage of Salmon Gee to his mother in law. I e-mailed Support and today I received a reply;

Dear Ivin Laurence Gee,

RE: Solomon Gee PID # LZL9-B9S

Thank you for contacting FamilySearch Data Administration. Solomon Gee no longer shows with Deborah De WOLF as an incorrect spouse on new FamilySearch. Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention.

Sincerely,

FamilySearch Data Administration

----------------------
(CaseID:2562541)

An hour later I got another reply:

Dear Laurence Gee:

We looked at the record for Solomon Gee (MS5M-QHY) and we do not see Deborah De Wolf as a spouse to him. The record for Deborah DeWolf (KN65-2K4) does not list Solomon Gee as a spouse. It appears this issue has been resolved. If this is not the case, please let us know. Thank you.

Sincerely,

FamilySearch Data Administration

----------------------
(CaseID:2565570)

I still had an issue to resolve so I replied:

Now all we have to do is get the Deborah Huntley Gee marriage to two Ebenezer Macks Person identifier: LZDX-SX5 and Person identifier: LZZ1-HRM spouses cleared up, Ebenezer Mack was married to Hannah Huntley Person identifier: KN65-VT7. Actually on his record he is married to two Hannah Huntleys, but I am not going there, because I am working on the Gee line. When we get this taken care of, I will work on her non-marriage to Robert Huntley, but that is a matter for another session.

Thanks you for straightening this out. I am attaching the file, which explains the non-marriage of Deborah Huntley Gee to Ebenezer Mack.

The link to this file is:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3pRqBw_zruORVFJV1E2UkJBZ2s/edit?pli=1

I was going to make a separate blog entry for this, but it fits in nicely here.

The following day, April 16th I posted about Mary Gee in the merry mix-up. We might quote Shakespeare here, “All’s well that ends well.”

2559793
4/13/12 7:15 AM
Closed

Wrong daughter
Mary Gee Person identifier: L7F3-MHL is erroneously listed as a daughter of Augustus Gee Person identifier: KWJP-416 who was married to his wife Annie (Johanna Wilhelmina) Dahlquist (1857-1933) Person identifier: KWJN-56C on 28 December 1877 Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah.
Their first child Ida Louise Gee Person identifier: KWZW-BT9 was born 10 Nov 1878 in Batesville, Tooele, Utah.
Someone has added a child Mary Gee to this family. Person identifier: L7F3-MHL. Date of birth 31 may 1857.
Obviously this is an error as her father was born in 1854. This Mary E. Gee born in 1857. She is Augustus Gee’s sister who married Rudolph Thorp Luker.
I have e-mailed the contributor LucardieCharlane1 who has reserved the endowment ordinance for Mary E. Gee. Mary Person identifier: KWJP-41Z has already had these ordinances performed.
I have had no response to this e-mail.

Could you please rectify this error.
Sincerely,
Laurence Gee

Dear Ivan Laurence Gee

RE: Mary Gee PID # L7F3-MHL

Thank you for contacting FamilySearch. We were able to unlink Mary Gee from Agustus Gee and Anne (Johanna Wilhelmina Dahlquist as her mother. She now shows in nFS as having no parents or family. We wish you success in this sacred work.

Sincerely,

FamilySearch Data Administration
----------------------
(CaseID:2559794)

Subject: Re: Wrong daughter

I combined the two records so that someone coming along would not try and
seal her to the wrong husband or duplicate any work. She now appears as record 25 in
the 27 combined records of Mary E. Gee Person identifier: KWJP-41Z.

Now a return to the Ruth Gee question. (See Friday the 13th posting)

I received the following reply to my case:

Dear Laurence Gee,

RE: Ruth Gee PID # LZV8-PMF

Thank you for contacting FamilySearch.. Could you please spell out what it is that you would like to do with the record for Ruth Gee. It is difficult to discern exactly what it is that you would like for us to do.
We wish you success.

Sincerely,

FamilySearch Data Administration
----------------------
(CaseID:2559240)

Obviously I was not specific in my posting this case information.

I wrote the following response:

Subject: Re: Wrong Ruth

Ruth Gee is not the daughter of Zopher Gee and his wife Esther Beckwith.
Please see the attached documentation in PDF format. Please remove her
from this family and place her with the proper family, She is the daughter
of Andrew Gee.

Andrew Gee Person identifier: 9N62-FBN is listed in NFS with Abigail Lane
his wife. Contributors to the record are Family Search. There are no
children or parents listed, so I assume that these names were found through
extraction.
I hope that this is proof enough that Ruth Gee was not the daughter of
Zopher and Esther and that we can remove her from this NFS family and put
it in the right place (daughter of Andrew Gee.

Please look at the attachment for documentation. I also have a 129 page
document of the descendants of John Gee which further documents that Ruth
Gee is the daughter of Andrew Gee and the wife of Morgan Owen which I can
e-mail to you as well.

Thanks,

Please let me know if you need further help from me.

Sincerely,

Dear Ivin Laurence Gee,

RE: Ruth Gee PID # LZV8-PMF

Thank you for contacting FamilySearch. We were able to unlink Ruth Gee from Zopher Gee and Esther Beckwith as her parents. She now shows in nFS as having no parents and is alone. You may add the correct parents for her. We wish you success in this sacred work.

Sincerely,

FamilySearch Data Administration

----------------------
(CaseID:2559240)

I did not respond to this e-mail, but went straight to Ruth Gee’s record. I found her and put her in Andrew and Abigail Gee’s family (They are what I refer to as the New York Gees), as they had not a child listed. Then I connected her to her rightful husband Morgan Owen and found two of their children and attached them. I will leave this to someone else to finish unless I don’t find anything else challenging.

Now we await Support’s response to the non-marriage of Deborah Huntley and Ebenezer Mack. That may take a while for them to sort out.

No comments:

Post a Comment