Index of Labels

Monday, April 16, 2012

A Mary (merry) mixup


On April 11th I received the following e-mail from my cousin Janet Pollei.
I wish I were better at correcting these files so I could fix the problems I found today. In Agustus Gee’s file they have his sister Mary E. Gee #L7F3-MHL as a daughter. Someone is also doing her temple work! In the file for Mary Gee #KWJP-41Z it does not show her being sealed to Rudolph Thorp Luker. Yet I can access the file through Family Insight, and it shows her being sealed to him several times. Perhaps I should not worry about it, but it would be nice to see that sealing listed in NFS.
I thought I would try and tackle this problem so I worked up the e-mail to Family Search support and opened case # 2559794
For the complete saga go to the following link:

We hope now that Mary has found her right home.
I have not tried to edit records to show sealing ordinances that do not show up. I do not know that this is necessary. If someone tried to re-seal her to any of her three husbands, the systems is so designed to block that. We do have all those sealing dates in our personal database. When they finish making the changes on New Family Search, I think that all the sealing dates will show.

1 comment: